Sunday, January 19, 2003


Centre Stage

As luck would have it, I
talked to the trees, looked up at the sky,
and, so far removed from my own little self,
I gained a new view point from up on that shelf;
how many lives intertwined without knowing,
so many creatures; moving and growing.

Dreaming of dreaming I dreamt me a dream,
in which they connected; the source and the stream,
the boulders that lay there, around which would flow
tides of tomorrow, the seeds we would sow,
whilst far overhead, a gathering storm
took on shapely warning, an ominous form.

Sleeping with eyes of surprise open wide,
I fashioned a bridge to bridge the divide
of what still lay hidden, so deep within me,
I longed to break open; to finally see
the stage of the world, the roles I could play,
movements and motions; the lines I must say.

As I rubbed the sleep from my sleep-weary eyes,
I perceived curtains moving and lost my disguise.

No comments: